Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with
innovation and unwavering drive for excellence.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Enterprise Application Developer Team Lead
Duration: Full time
Reporting To: Head, Business and Enterprise Applications
- This role holder will champion ongoing customization and development efforts, on the company’s enterprise IT Application systems supporting Billing, Customer Information Management, Prepayment Management, and Energy Data Management.
- The ideal candidate should have extensive knowledge of Java application development as well as JBoss application server management.
- Create user information solutions by developing, implementing and maintaining java based components and interfaces
- Develop new applications that serve existing software systems
- Drive continuous software/application improvement initiatives on existing software/application environment.
- Maintain existing enterprise application assets/application environment
- 10-15 years’ experience in developing and implementing web-based java applications to support business requirements and projects.
- Experience building and integrating mobile applications with enterprise application systems.
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Project Management experience in enterprise application development.
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Be able to write well designed and efficient code
- Profound insights into Java JEE internals (Classloading, Multithreading Memory management, Transaction management, etc.)
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns and frameworks (spring, hibernate etc.)
- Understanding of established software development lifecycles
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in order to meet deadlines
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research and investigation
- Knowledge of building web services and other enterprise Java-based SOA frameworks
- Design and develop features and functionalities
- Proficient with APIs and service oriented architectures
- Fundamental understanding of web-based systems programming and development
- Comfortable working with agile technologies and tools
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Adaptable and flexible when new tasks or projects are assigned
- Ability to listen patiently and learn from others
- Enthusiastic when embracing new challenges
- Positive attitude and demeanor
- Able to multi-task and prioritize (good time-management skills)
- Willingness to teach and help others.
Job Title: Junior Software Developer (J2EE)
Reporting To: Enterprise Application Developer (Team Lead)
- The Junior Software Developer will work under the supervision of the Team Lead, Enterprise Application Development and will be accountable for developing and maintaining key modules of Integrated Software Solutions that deliver true business value.
- The incumbent must be familiar with Java programming.
- Work in a team of software developers to carry out ongoing customization of the company’s integrated application system as well development of other web-based applications to support business processes and functions
- Deliver excellent code quality in a collaborative team environment, typically working in small development project groups
- Communicate as required with internal and external stakeholders within the company, to capture requirements and troubleshoot issues relating to development and support
- Liaise with other members of the software development team to collaborate on, and continuously improve the technical capabilities, processes and knowledge of the development team
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Experience building and integrating mobile applications with enterprise application systems
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful API development and web security
- Experience with popular web application frameworks, such as Play, Spring and spark
- Knack for writing clean, readable Java code
- Experience with both external and embedded databases
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Basic understanding of the class loading mechanism in Java
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies
- Experience in MySQL or PostgreSQL and excellent knowledge of SQL, and optimization
- Skill for writing reusable Java libraries
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java
- Possess a firm grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven, and Gradle
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Flexible, motivated, able to adapt in a dynamic environment, able to communicate effectively with certain other development team members; pro-active in finding new ways for improvement
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 19th May, 2017.